Schedule - PGDay UK 2023
What I learned interviewing the PostgreSQL Community
Since early 2020 I'm publishing weekly interviews with members of the PostgreSQL community. So far (July 2023) that's 167 interviews - with many more to come. And we all learned a lot from these!
Just to name a couple examples:
- How many people in the community like sailing?
- Should the name be "Postgres" or "PostgreSQL"?
- How complicated is it to start using PostgreSQL?
- What is the most annoying thing in our beloved database?
- How can people start contributing to PostgreSQL?
- What is the favorite PostgreSQL extension?
- Which conferences are people visiting? And many more!
The interview answers show some commonalities, but also show very different aspects - as example how people treat their development environments. This talk looks at the answers in the interviews and summarizes what the members of the community think, like and dislike. Statistics and quotes will round up the talk.